Showing 1-24 of 115 items found in Arts & Culture
Kendall County Historical Society's Heritage Hall & Chapel on the Green
Dating back to 1855, the chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building, adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899 pipe organ. The adjacent hall houses local artifacts, including photographs and clothing.
Cinemark Imax Theatre
DuPage County, Chicago’s Western Suburbs - The Cinemark Imax experience is a 5-story tall, 7-story wide version of educational and recreational film subjects of both 2-D and 3-D.
Hollywood Blvd Cinema
The 1st full service, fully integrated restaurant, bar and movie theater to open in the greater Chicagoland area. Each auditorium features terraced seating with high-back executive leather chairs.
The Mar Theatre opened for business on June 15th 1937, and today much of the original stage and decorative ceiling are intact. The lobby and ticket booth area are in the original configuration. Much of the original architectural hardware and lighting fixtures are still in use. The original auditorium comfortably seats 300 moviegoers and a new second auditorium accommodates 64 patrons. Outside the original marquee is still used to inform moviegoers of the current movies.
DuPage County Historical Museum
Housed in an 1891 Richardsonian Romanesque building, the museum highlights 150 years of DuPage County history with participatory activities, changing exhibits and extensive model railroad display.
Edman Memorial Chapel - Wheaton College
This large auditorium, seating more than 2400 people, is the site of campus chapels, concerts, commencements, and various community-related events such as the Artist Series.
Billy Graham Center Museum
This museum located on the campus of Wheaton College is devoted to the history of Christian evangelism and its influences on society. View rare artifacts, art and displays that include a powerful 3-D presentation of the gospel message.
DuPage Heritage Gallery
DuPage County, Chicago’s Western Suburbs - Located in a three-story atrium, renovated in 2000, visitors learn of the stories, accomplishments and lives of famous DuPage citizens portrayed through memorabilia and photo panels.
DuPage County, Chicago’s Western Suburbs - Set among mature oak and hickory trees, lakes & streams, this full-service event facility with 27 holes of golf offers both 18 and 9-hole play and is nationally recognized as one of the best public courses in America. Cantigny Golf is a part of the McCormick Foundation, committed to making life better for our children, communities and country. As one of the nation’s largest public charities, we’ve granted more than $1 billion to organizations in local communities across the country. The golf course is part of the historic 500-acre Cantigny Park, where memorable family experiences happen. The grounds include museums, formal gardens and picnic areas.
Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park
Sited outdoors over some 300 acres, the 21-piece collection contains monumental works by many of the 20th century's most important sculptors, including Puryear, Nauman, Disuvero and Hunt.
Governors State University Center for Performing Arts
The Center for Performing Arts presents high-quality and affordable national touring acts, Chicago-based artists and community programs in genres from jazz to opera, dance, theatre and family favorites.
Tinley Park Veterans Memorial
The Tinley Park Veterans Memorial features benches along a parkway and is dedicated to Village Trustee Pat Rea, a retired U.S. Army Brigadier General.
Tinley Park Historical Society & Museum
The Tinley Park Historical Society was established in 1974 to preserve the history of Tinley Park and the surrounding areas that have influenced its growth and development. Since 1976, the Society has been headquartered at the "Old Zion Landmark," 6727 174th Street where it maintains a museum of local history and a local research library. The Prairie Gothic style "Old Zion Landmark" church was built in 1884 for the local Zion Lutheran congregation. The Historical Society complex also includes a reproduction of the Village's second schoolhouse. The original one room schoolhouse had been built in 1880 very near to the current location to replace a smaller schoolhouse and from 1892 to 1954 the building served as the community's Village Hall. The "Landmark Chapel" and the "New Saenger Hall" meeting room are available for weddings and other meetings and special events.
First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Beautiful outdoor music theatre open May through September with a capacity of just under 30,000 people. Concessions and private catering available; tour buses welcome.
Air Classics Museum of Aviation
Vintage military and training planes, plus displays of aviation uniforms and memorabilia. Open by appointment only.
Lewis University Phillip Lynch Theatre
Watch an array of plays in this intimate theater on the campus of Lewis University. The Phillip Lynch Theatre presents a diverse selection of productions from comedy, to tragedy, and everything in between.
Isle A La Cache Museum
Isle A La Cache Museum is devoted to the history of the 18th century fur trade between voyagers and Native Americans.
Lockport Street Gallery
Incredible place to browse and shop. Glass jewelry, art and more. From Tiffany to Nedobeck.
Freedom Hall offers a diverse series accenting dance, music, theatre, popular attractions, children's theatre and outreach activities. Join us in the intimate 280-seat Nathan Manilow Theatre.
Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra
The 75-member orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in the Chicago Southland providing professional, orchestral music of beauty and excellence. The IPO performs at Lincoln-Way North High School,19900 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort and Lincoln-Way East High School, 201 Colorado Avenue, Frankfort.
SPAA THEATER is focused on providing quality stage plays and much need programs, such as their; CSI & Film Camps, Adult Acting, Writing & Speaking Classes, SPAA Master's Certification Classes, SPAA Children's Theater, SPAA Radio, SPAA TV and Much more! They are dedicated to providing, developing and enhancing "Edutainment" (Education & Entertainment) through programs, live productions and commitment to the surrounding communities.
1950s Park Forest House Museum
Step back into the 1950s in an original rental townhome furnished with toys, dolls, books, clothes and home furnishings of the era, in the first fully-planned post-World War II suburb.
Park Forest Historical Society Archive
Park Forest Local History Collection and Archive. Documents, photographs, video, and newspapers on historic Park Forest, 1946. Some items are on the early history of the region. It is best to call ahead to speak to the archivist. Some information is available at the Park Forest Public Library.
McCord Gallery & Cultural Center
This historic Italianate home is a learning center for art and music, showcasing exhibits of local and regional artists. The gallery shop has ceramics and fine gifts.