Showing 97-103 of 103 items found in Arts & Culture
Billy Graham Center Museum
This museum located on the campus of Wheaton College is devoted to the history of Christian evangelism and its influences on society. View rare artifacts, art and displays that include a powerful 3-D presentation of the gospel message.
Edman Memorial Chapel - Wheaton College
This large auditorium, seating more than 2400 people, is the site of campus chapels, concerts, commencements, and various community-related events such as the Artist Series.
DuPage County, Chicago’s Western Suburbs - Set among mature oak and hickory trees, lakes & streams, this full-service event facility with 27 holes of golf offers both 18 and 9-hole play and is nationally recognized as one of the best public courses in America. Cantigny Golf is a part of the McCormick Foundation, committed to making life better for our children, communities and country. As one of the nation’s largest public charities, we’ve granted more than $1 billion to organizations in local communities across the country. The golf course is part of the historic 500-acre Cantigny Park, where memorable family experiences happen. The grounds include museums, formal gardens and picnic areas.
The Mar Theatre opened for business on June 15th 1937, and today much of the original stage and decorative ceiling are intact. The lobby and ticket booth area are in the original configuration. Much of the original architectural hardware and lighting fixtures are still in use. The original auditorium comfortably seats 300 moviegoers and a new second auditorium accommodates 64 patrons. Outside the original marquee is still used to inform moviegoers of the current movies.
Cinemark Imax Theatre
DuPage County, Chicago’s Western Suburbs - The Cinemark Imax experience is a 5-story tall, 7-story wide version of educational and recreational film subjects of both 2-D and 3-D.
Hollywood Blvd Cinema
The 1st full service, fully integrated restaurant, bar and movie theater to open in the greater Chicagoland area. Each auditorium features terraced seating with high-back executive leather chairs.
Kendall County Historical Society's Heritage Hall & Chapel on the Green
Dating back to 1855, the chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building, adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899 pipe organ. The adjacent hall houses local artifacts, including photographs and clothing.