Showing 1-4 of 4 items found in History
In 1779 George Rogers Clark led his army from Kaskaskia through this area to Vincennes, Indiana, where they captured Ft. Sackville from the British. At the time, this building was named for being near the midpoint of the Vincennes-St. Louis Trail.
The only Moravian church in the state was built by German settlers in Southern Illinois.
Housed in the old county jail, this museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.