Showing 1-5 of 5 items found in History
The only Moravian church in the state was built by German settlers in Southern Illinois.
This memorial commemorates the crossing of the Lincoln Family from Indiana to Illinois in early March of 1830.
One of only seven of its kind in the nation, this museum at Oblong Park highlights an industry that revolutionized the country.
Fort Lamotte is a construction of a civilian style early 19th century American fort, featuring a two story block house and small log cabin. Construction began in spring of 2007 with all volunteer labor, donations of materials by various people and businesses. The block house is mainly constructed of popular logs as is the cabin. Local hickory was used for the cantilever logs, between 1st and 2nd stories with a puncheon 2nd story floor and persimmon trusses. The stockade walls are of locally grown hedge and black locust. This is the third fort to bear the name Lamotte.
The remodeled ICCR depot features an etched granite memorial wall and various artifacts of military memorabilia.