Showing 1-8 of 8 items found in History
National Road Covered Bridge
The Embarras River, near Greenup, was the site of a covered bridge built by Abe and Thomas Lincoln and Dennis Hanks. The original bridge was 200 feet long. The reconstructed bridge was dedicated in 2000.
Lincoln Trail Memorial
This memorial commemorates the crossing of the Lincoln Family from Indiana to Illinois in early March of 1830.
Lincoln School Museum
The Lincoln School Museum is a restored 1880’s one-room brick school located one mile north of Martinsville, Clark County, Illinois on a spur of the National Road. The Lincoln School is representative of the brick construction of one-room schools built during the 1880’s, representing the typical one-room school of the era, and the education available of that time. The Lincoln School Museum is open to the public on weekends from June through August and any time by appointment.
Illinois Oilfield Museum & Resource Center
One of only seven of its kind in the nation, this museum at Oblong Park highlights an industry that revolutionized the country.
Six log cabins recreate life as it had been in Illinois back in 1812. Visit the homestead belonging to the Hutson family before a fatal Indian attack killed Isaac Hutson's entire family.
Hutson Memorial Village Church Services
Evening services are held in this log cabin church every other Sunday, beginning with the first Sunday in June and running through the last Sunday in September.
Fort Lamotte is a construction of a civilian style early 19th century American fort, featuring a two story block house and small log cabin. Construction began in spring of 2007 with all volunteer labor, donations of materials by various people and businesses. The block house is mainly constructed of popular logs as is the cabin. Local hickory was used for the cantilever logs, between 1st and 2nd stories with a puncheon 2nd story floor and persimmon trusses. The stockade walls are of locally grown hedge and black locust. This is the third fort to bear the name Lamotte.
Crawford County VFW 459 Military Museum and Memorial Wall
The remodeled ICCR depot features an etched granite memorial wall and various artifacts of military memorabilia.