Showing 97-105 of 105 items found in History
DuPage County Historical Museum
Enjoy DuPage County's rich history from the 1830s to the present. The Museum exhibits feature hundreds of historic artifacts and photos along with many fun hands-on activities. You'll find something for toddlers to seniors, and everyone in between. Housed in an 1891 Richardsonian Romanesque building, the museum highlights 150 years of DuPage County history with participatory activities, changing exhibits and extensive model railroad display.
Billy Graham Center Museum
This museum located on the campus of Wheaton College is devoted to the history of Christian evangelism and its influences on society. View rare artifacts, art and displays that include a powerful 3-D presentation of the gospel message.
Edman Memorial Chapel - Wheaton College
This large auditorium, seating more than 2400 people, is the site of campus chapels, concerts, commencements, and various community-related events such as the Artist Series.
Little Popcorn Store
A cherished landmark in the heart of downtown Wheaton, The Little Popcorn Shop is perhaps one of the most loved and narrowest stores in the Chicagoland area measuring 49 inches wide by 60 feet long. The store’s small, quaint space is like walking into a Norman Rockwell painting. Popcorn is freshly popped, candy lines the wall, and locals greet each other warmly while welcoming newcomers to this very special place called The Little Popcorn Shop.
Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket
The Chicken Basket in Willowbrook opened in the summer of 1946 on Historic Illinois Route 66. Dell Rhea’s chicken has been bringing visitors from around the world on a regular basis for years.
Yesterday's Farm Museum
A historic 1800s family farm that is maintained in its original location. Programs depict settlers' lives with period accuracy.
Kendall County Historical Society's Heritage Hall & Chapel on the Green
Dating back to 1855, the chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building, adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899 pipe organ. The adjacent hall houses local artifacts, including photographs and clothing.
Heritage Hall & Chapel on the Green
Dating back to 1855, the chapel is Kendall County's oldest church building and is adorned with stained glass windows and a restored 1899 pipe organ.
Lyon Farm & Village
Features 15 historic buildings that trace the history of Kendall County plus an 1819 Chicago Burlington & Quincy caboose, a fully-stocked general store, an 1840s schoolhouse, town hall, a working blacksmith shop, the Plano Train Depot, (c. 1850s) and Yorkville Firehouse (c. 1888).