back to previous page

Fitz Randolph House Inn


This brick Italianate style home was built by Dr. James (Fitz) Randolph in 1873. Dr. Randolph was a medical doctor and then entered the mercantile business. He was a state legislator and on the board of Trustees of Carthage College. Unfortunately he died shortly after the home was completed and his wife was forced to take in washing and rent rooms in order to retain ownership of her home. The second owner, Mary Alice Curts-Black purchased the home in 1894 and did an extensive renovation including adding the porches. Ernest Coeur was the third owner (1943) followed by his son, Dr. James Coeur (1973) who did additional updates. Karol and Steve Carr purchased the home in 2007 and established Fitz Randolph House Inn as a Bed and Breakfast in 2008 after major renovations. The home now features 5 guest suites in addition to the two parlors, dining room, reception room and owners' suite.

Location & Nearby Attractions
What's Nearby>>
Click tags for related items
You may also like...