Red Covered Bridge
This covered bridge is located 1 1/2 miles north of Princeton on Rt. 26. One of five remaining covered bridges in Illinois, this bridge was built in 1863 and is still open to traffic. It crosses Big Bureau Creek and was once part of the Peoria-Galena Trail. This beautiful landmark is a delight for artists, photograpers and nature lovers. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 149 foot span was built at a cost of $3,148.57.