Showing 1-24 of 299 items
Their handmade products are made in small batches to ensure that your family and theirs only get the best. They use the best ingredients they can get their hands on. They are not 100% organic but very close. Their products change with the seasons.
1,700 acres of grassland, brushy draws and shrubs on 2,801 acres. Hunting, fishing, picnicking and more.
Horseback Riding stables including public trail rides, boarding, birthday parties and holiday rides!! And more.
The original 1893 schoolhouse displays hundreds of original artifacts depicting immigrant turn-of-the-century life of families, businesses, and coal mines. Original items include the jailhouse iron doors, soccer trophies and bocce balls, coal mining tools, furniture and household items, old store supplies, Illinois coal reports, maps and plats, and plenty of family memories; there is something to interest everyone.
Famed architecht Frank Lloyd Wright designed and engineered this bank in 1905, and it is the only one of his three designed banks still standing.
The library was originally built in 1896 as a carriage house, and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute, a well-known alcohol rehab center in the late 1800s.
The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton estate and grounds, which later became home of the Keeley Institute, an alcohol rehab center.
The restored railroad depot, designed by Henry Ives Cobb, is now the home of the Dwight Historical Society and is still an operating Amtrak train station.
The original structure was built as a boarding house in 1891. It was purchased and moved to its present site in 1895. In 1977, the home was purchased by the Ohlendorfs, remodeled and opened as The Country Mansion. Eight or more need reservations.
6-acre park donated to the village in 1891 by David McWilliams, the first banker and business person in the community. It is named after the Prince of Wales, Baron Renfrew, who visited the area while on a hunting expedition in 1860.
This new lake is located on old Route 66 at the southeast edge of Dwight. Donated to the village in 1994 and improved with funding from local organizations, the lake offers a beautifully landscaped picnic are, fishing, and a bike trail. Open year-round.
Welcome to Dwight Country Club. Located just 70 miles southwest of Chicago, DCC offers a quality golf and dining experience set in the quiet and calm of the cornfields of Central Illinois.
Bed and breakfast with a beautiful, quiet country setting on a heavily wooded three acre lot. Breakfasts include international recipes. Charger ports for electric cars.
This circa 1940s Texaco station was once a thriving service station but now serves as a Route 66 welcome center. The station is listed on the National Register of Historice Places and has been awarded fundng through the Route 66 Corridor Preservation Program to be restored to look like it did in the 1940s.
Built in 1857, this church is a fine example of Carpenter Gothic Architecture. Pointed arched windows and doors as well as board and batten frame construction characterize this style. King Edward VII worshipped at the church in 1860, while on a hunting expedition in the area. The church was named as one of the “150 Architectural Treasures” in the State of Illinois by the Association of Illinois Architects in 2007, and is listed on the National Historic Register.
Enjoy a full selection family style menu at the Old Route 66 Family Restaurant. Delicious Reuben's, Melts, Wraps, Burgers & Salads...so follow the Mother Road to great food & service...you'll be glad you did! Free Wi-Fi
The park has approximately 100 water, electric and sewer hookups. Each electric hookup has 20amp, 30amp and 50amp service. These hookups can be used with RV's, vendor vehicles, booths, tent or camp setups, and other purposes. Ample space is available for open or primitive camping. Rates may vary depending on group size and facility requirements.
The historic Two-Cell Jail was built in 1906. It has been restored by the community and holds a strong presence near Gardner's downtown area. Visitors are now encouraged to "go behind bars" and have their own photo taken.
A 20th century Kankakee streetcar was moved to Gardner in 1932 to serve as a diner. In 1937, the streetcar became a cottage and playhouse. It was moved behind the Riviera in 1955 and is still there today. It was restored ty the Route 66 Association of Illinois and inducted into the Route 66 Hall of Fame in 2001.
Over 35 years in business, serving lunch and dinner daily from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Live entertainment & live video games. Home of the Cheeseburger in Paradise. 10 new burgers and smokehouse items available. Casual dining. Boasting 52 import beers with two major imports on tap. Find us on Facebook or our website: www.9thstpub.com.
Come visit our "grill your own" steakhouse. 100% certified Angus Beef. Outdoor dining patio. Charcoal grill indoors and patio area. Reservations recommended for parties of 6 or more. Skoogs Steakhouse - "Where To Grill It!" Wednesday through Saturday 4 pm to 10 pm; Sunday 4 to 9 pm.
Virtually unaltered since its completion more than a century ago, the 57 room mansion, built in 1874, is an example of high artistic achievement in architecture and interior design, and the site of historic accomplishments in industry, philosophy, publishing and religion. National Historic Landmark. Visit us at www.hegelercarus.org for our special events. Tours: Wednesday - Sunday at noon, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM.