Showing 1-96 of 317 items
The Bensenville Park District and the DuPage County Forest Preserve have been working to restore this property and land. Fischer Farm is believed to be one of the oldest remaining homesteads in the county. Explore the buildings, touch the artifacts, and connect with history.
Tour the oldest remaining structure in the village. The home was originally owned by Montgomery’s founder, Daniel Gray. A museum offers an educational history of the Village of Montgomery. Open 2nd Tuesday and 3rd Sunday of each month, 12:30-2:30 p.m. May-October.
Historic Marbold Farmstead
The Historic Marbold Farmstead is a treasured jewel in Menard County, Illinois. This was the central hub of the Marbold family farmland holdings, which consisted of over 4,000 acres. It was virtually self-sufficient, with several barns, dairy, chicken house, smoke house, ice house, boiler house and pump house. The original house, called Elmwood, was build in 1850 by John Marbold, a German immigrant and prominent Greenview farmer and businessman. Restoration efforts are underway. Located at 21722 State Hwy. 29 near Greenview.
Lyon Farm & Village
Features 15 historic buildings that trace the history of Kendall County plus an 1819 Chicago Burlington & Quincy caboose, a fully-stocked general store, an 1840s schoolhouse, town hall, a working blacksmith shop, the Plano Train Depot, (c. 1850s) and Yorkville Firehouse (c. 1888).
New York Street Memorial Bridge
Spanning the entire scenic Fox River, the bridge's features include the circa 1930 “Memory” and “Victory” statues in honor of fallen soldiers.
Batavia Depot Museum
Housed in an 1854 Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad depot, the museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and comes alive with historic exhibits on rail transportation, windmills and the settlement of Batavia.
Grand Detour Arts Festival
The 66th Grand Detour Arts Festival will be at the John Deere Historic Site. Two-and three-dimensional art is shown and offered for sale to the public at this juried fine arts event. A discounted admission fee of $2 is charged for entry to both the site and the arts festival. Enjoy the quality artwork by Midwest, watch the blacksmith at work and learn how John Deere invented the plow. Food stands on site as well as performances by area musicians.
CITY: Grand Detour
Corpus Christi Catholic Church
Completed in 1885, the church has a 150' spire and neo-Gothic architecture. Only ten Catholic churches in the U.S. have a saint’s body, and Corpus Christi houses the holy relic of St. Crescent, taken out of the catacombs in Rome in 1838.
Lincoln-Douglas Debate Square
Experience the history of the second of the famous debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas. It was at this site on August 27, 1858 that the Freeport Doctrine, an import statement regarding slavery and state's rights, was proclaimed by Douglas. The site is self-interpretative through a series of waysides that tell of the events and ideas which led up to the debates, and also includes the life-size statues "Lincoln and Douglas in Debate" by artist Lily Tolpo. The park-like setting is complete with benches, lighting and spacious walks.
Pleasant Home, also known as the John Farson House, is a landmark Prairie Style house museum located in the heart of Oak Park! It is a national architectural treasure, designed in 1897 by prominent Prairie Style architect George W. Maher for investment banker and philanthropist John W. Farson. The home is one of the earliest and most distinguished examples of Prairie School architecture and is the finest surviving example of Maher's work.
CITY: Oak Park
Ernest Hemingway Birthplace
Visit the Victorian home where Nobel Prize winning author Ernest Hemingway was born in 1899 and spent his early life.
CITY: Oak Park
Historic 4th at Clayville
In 1842 the Broadwell family hosted a 4th of July celebration at Clayville with artillery, bands, speeches, food and refreshments. Over 300 people came from Springfield alone! Come and help recreate this historic event. Mr. Lincoln himself may be there!
CITY: Pleasant Plains
Bryant Cottage was built in 1856 by Francis E. Bryant (1818-1889), a friend and political ally of Senator Stephen A. Douglas. According to Bryant family tradition, on the evening of July 29, 1858, Douglas and Abraham Lincoln conferred in the parlor of this house to plan the famous Lincoln-Douglas Debates. The picturesque one-story, four-room wood frame cottage has been “restored” and is interpreted as an example of a middle-class life in mid-nineteenth-century Illinois. The furniture on display is of the Renaissance Revival style, appropriate for a small-town family of the mid-nineteenth century. The cottage is accessible to persons with disabilities. The site hosts portions of a variety of locally sponsored events throughout the year.
The Ragdale Foundation
Guided tours (by reservation only) of Ragdale, a nationally renowned artists' community built by noted architect Howard Van Doren Shaw, include a walk through the historic house and gardens as well as a studio visit with an artist-in-residence.
CITY: Lake Forest
There Goes the Neighbor Hood - Tour of Gangster History
John Binder, mob historian and author of The Chicago Outfit, conducts the popular "There Goes the Neighbor Hood" tour of gangster history in Oak Park and River Forest. The exterior tour visits 15 houses in these two suburbs which were previously owned by major hoodlums, including Tony Accardo, Paul Ricca, Sam Giancana, "Tough Tony" Capezio and "Machine Gun Jack" McGurn. John will discuss the criminal careers of the former owners, the interesting features of each home, the family's time there, and answer questions from the audience. The tour lasts approximately two hours and travel is by minibus (seats 33 people) with no walking required. The tour departs from (and returns to) the Oak Park Visitor Center. *Custom tours of Chicago and suburban gangster sites to fit any schedule are available. Contact John at email@example.com to plan a custom group tour.
CITY: Oak Park
Clayville Fall Festival
Pioneer artisan and craftsman demonstrations, historic building tours, kids activities, craft vendors, food and refreshments. The 10th Illinois Volunteer Calvary Regiment demonstrations and musical entertainment.
CITY: Pleasant Plains
Prairie Dreams-The Story of Clayville and Its People
This play is set and performed at the 1824 Clayville Stagecoach Stop. Featuring stories of the people who built and traveled through Clayville, includiing Peter Cartwright and Abraham Lincoln.
CITY: Pleasant Plains
Fallen Soldier Veterans Memorial Wall
Located on East Broadway in Johnston City, this memorial wall contains the names of local fallen heroes. A Memorial Day celebration is held in this location every year.
CITY: Johnston City
Prairie Dreams-The Story of Clayville the Its People
The play is set and performed at the 1824 Clayville Stagecoach Stop. Featuring stories of the people who built and traveled through Clayville, including Peter Cartwright and Abraham Lincoln.
CITY: Pleasant Plains
All Wright Housewalk
In 2014, the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust's internationally renowned annual housewalk will be an "All Wright" event, featuring interior architectural tours of eight private homes and three public buildings all designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Tour the private residences that Wright designed for his friends and neighbors in Oak Park, Illinois, which boasts the greatest concetration of Wright buildings in the world. Learn about the clients who recognized genius and took a chance on the young architect. The special architectural housewalk will mark the 125th anniversary of the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio and the 40th anniversary of the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust.
CITY: Oak Park
Shiloh Prairie Restoration
View 40 acres of restored prairie grass and a Native American grass lodge.
Teutopolis Monastery Museum
See displays of early life in this German Catholic community, founded in 1838. The first Franciscans arrived in October 1858, and the three priests and six brothers quickly set about building a parish and friary.
Historic 4th at Clayville
In 1842 the Broadwell family hosted a 4th of July celebration at Clayville with artillery, bands, speeches, food and refreshments. Over 300 people came from Springfield alone! Come and help recreate this historic event. You may even see Mr. Lincoln himself!
CITY: Pleasant Plains
Art at Ellwood and Ice Cream Social
Join in on the combination Art Fair and Ice Cream Social on the grounds of the Ellwood House. Featuring over 30 artist booths, tours of the Ellwood Mansion, a concert, ice cream, a Garden Club show and programming provided by the Ellwood House Museum.
The site preserves surviving portions of the industrial complex developed in the early 1880s by George M. Pullman to build luxury railroad passenger cars. The plant was the centerpiece of a company-owned town planned under Pullman's direction.
Southwestern Farm & Home Museum
This living memorial offers an insight into rural and farming life, with exhibits that include antique farm implements and a number of household items.
The grave site of Ann Rutledge, Abraham Lincoln's first sweetheart, is located at Oakland Cemetery. Her tombstone bears an inscription written by poet Edgar Lee Masters, who is burried nearby.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity & Foundation
This 80-year-old Indiana limestone building was constructed as a memorial to the members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon who fought and died in our nation's wars, and contains some of the last stained-glass works of Louis C. Tiffany.
Mother Jones Monument
The Mother Jones Monument, located in the Union Miners Cemetery, honors the crusader for coal miners' rights.
CITY: Mount Olive
The Heart Theatre is located across the street from the Effingham County Courthouse. The theatre is one of the two examples in Effingham of the Art Deco style that was popular from 1920 to 1940.
The Barn at Allen Acres Wedding and Reception Venue
The Barn at Allen Acres Wedding and Reception Venue sits on 3 and 1/2 acres just on the edge of town in Rock Falls IL. The property is surrounded by a cornfield and offers a serene tranquil destination for your wedding and reception. The property is less than a 5 minute drive to restaurants and hotels. The Dairy Barn was built in the 1920's and restored in 2011. It boasts a beautiful 26 foot vaulted ceiling in the upstairs haymow with some of its original architecture still intact. During the process of the restoration, reclaimed barn wood and reclaimed hardware were used whenever possible, maintaining the rustic feel of the Barn. We've added a 5 foot wide set of stairs leading to the upstairs space and a small deck with stairs, off of the back of the Barn, giving the bride a dramatic entrance down the aisle and to the alter. The upstairs haymow has a capacity of 150 people for a wedding ceremony. The downstairs area, where the dairy cows were kept, in the early years of the barn, also has a capacity for 150 people.
CITY: Rock Falls
Clayville Fall Festival
Pioneer artisan and craftsman demonstrations, historic building tours, kids activities, craft vendors, reenactments by the 10th Illinois Volunteer Calvary Regiment, Chris Camp-The Whip Guy and with musical entertainment. This will make a memorable day!
CITY: Pleasant Plains
This turn-of-the-century Victorian house was ordered through the Sears Roebuck catalog and assembled for only several hundred dollars.
This replica of the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall in Washington is 80% the size of the original. The wall features the names of soldiers who were killed or missing in action between 1955-1975, the time period of the Vietnam War.
Right in the middle of Energy you will find Bruce Park. A nicely manicured 8 acre park with trees, pavilions, ball diamonds and soccer fields. The park is a great place to take your family on an outing or for your kids to participate in local sports. While you are there, take a look at the military memorial. There is also a monument with the bell from a schoolhouse that stood on the site.
Willis Allen House
Civil War hero John A. Logan studied law at this home under Senator Willis Allen. Come visit the oldest house in Williamson County.
Joseph F. Glidden Open House / Open Barn
Come and enjoy musical entertainment, working blacksmith shop, house and barn tours at the home of Joseph F. Glidden creator of barbed wire known as "the winner."
Books & Crooks
This library is located in the town's old jailhouse, and still features the original cells. Feel free to take a book and curl up in your favorite cell.
CITY: New Holland
Carterville Veterans Memorial
The memorial is located next to the Heritage Museum downtown. It features plaques citing the names of WWI and WWII Veterans on one side and other wars featured on the opposite side. In a fitting tribute, the Veterans Memorial in downtown Carterville was dedicated on 11-11-11, Veterans Day.
The Annex Coffee & Deli
The Annex Building, built in 1912, is at the very heart of Herrin, Illinois’ thriving downtown on Park Avenue. The former Annex Movie Theater was converted into a bakery café and opened on Halloween 2011. The Annex Coffee & Deli is committed to delivering the best coffee house & bakery café experience in a clean and stylish environment which recalls the glory days of the historic building in which it is housed.
Phoenix Opera House
This restored 1882 opera house, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is home to Pandora's Playhouse community theater.
Vin Fiz Landing
The historic flight of the Vin Fiz was the first air crossing over the United States. A marker located at the Dunlap House indicates the spot where the small airplane landed in Middletown on October 9,1911.
Brussels Historic Village Jail
Once known as the local "calaboose", the Brussels Jail was built around 1876 and centered in the heart of the village. The jail mainly housed men overnight for drinking too much and the last person to stay in the jail was in 1952. The jail is open seven days a week.
Lee County Genealogical Society
Dedicated to promoting family history and helping people in their genealogical research, the society's archives are housed in the Family Tree Center.
This beautiful, historic 1865 mansion was once owned by the Halliday Family, and is now owned by the City of Cairo and open for tours.
Chicago Stock Exchange
Founded in 1882, the Chicago Stock Exchange boasts more than 3,000 stocks traded, with an average trading volume of 13 million daily. View the second-largest stock exchange in the country from the fifth-floor Visitors Gallery.
Valley View Model Railroad
Experience the glory days of mainline railroading as you watch model trains in operation on a detailed scenic railroad.
The founding of Pi Beta Phi Fraternity, the first women's sorority, took place at Holt House, which is open for tours. It was in Ada and Libbie’s bedroom at the Holt home that I.C. Sororities came to life.
Coal Miners Memorial
In the late eighteen hundreds there were many thriving communities that were totally dependent on area coal mines. Now there is a Memorial to honor all miners. Dedicated on October 14th, 2000, the Coal Miners Memorial is a tribute to all Southern Illinois coal miners of the past century. The inscription at the base of the statue reads, “In memory of coal miners who gave so much that future generations may benefit with a better life. They labored, served their country, sacrificed for their families and some lost their lives. We honor and salute them so that they will never be forgotten.”
Clayville Spring Festival
Imagine it's the 1820's at a stage coach stop and pioneer village. Come see how the early settlers lived, artisan demonstrations, historic tours, crafts & games for kids. Re-enactments throughout the day!
CITY: Pleasant Plains
Chicago Mercantile Exchange
This international marketplace enables institutions and businesses to manage their financial risk and allocate their assets. Futures and options contracts are traded on the Mercantile's two state-of-the-art trading floors.
Old State Cemetery
Bronze markers give biographical information about prominent citizens from the earliest history of the community. Every fall, volunteers in period dress "resurrect" their ancestors and tell their stories during an annual cemetery walk.
Franklin Creek Grist Mill & Interpretive Center
This four-story, reconstructed 1847 grist mill features a four-ton waterwheel and displays of 1800s milling equipment.
CITY: Franklin Grove
William L. Gregg Museum
DuPage County, Chicago’s Western Suburbs - Victorian, red-bricked house displays collections typical of the 1920s through 1940s in authentic lifestyle settings. Open Wednesday and Sunday. Admission free.
Taylorville Chautauqua Auditorium
This auditorium opened on August 23, 1914, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Old River School Historic District
This residential district includes original Freeport and the city's first street, Monterey, and was later known as the "Gold Coast". Points of interest include Freeport's oldest house (built in 1838), the childhood home of famed Hollywood gossip columnist Louella Parsons, a monument honoring Freeport's founder, William "Tutty" Baker, and the Van Buren Bridge, built in 1885 of wrought iron.
Mattoon Welcome Center & Historic Railroad Depot
Mattoon Tourism & Arts Welcome Center is located in the historic Illinois Central Railroad Train Depot, which also still serves as the Amtrak Station for the Community. The original Railroad Depot was constructed in 1918 by the Illinois Central Railroad, and it was then remodeled in 2011. The Depot is still an active Amtrak Station with 3,000 passengers boarding and un-boarding per month. The welcome center offers a host of information: state-of-the-art schools & colleges, a growing economy, beautiful parks, lakes and sports amenities round out the more favorable quality of life found in Mattoon.
Edgar County Courthouse
This elegant 1893 brick and stone building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Chicago Historic Water Tower
One of the few buildings to survive the Great Chicago Fire, the Historic Water Tower is an icon on North Michigan Avenue and houses the City Gallery, which showcases Chicago photography.
Stone Coal Log Cabin Village
Original log buildings in this educational village are from Illinois' early prairie years.
The Farmers Monument
This impressive black granite piece located on the grounds of Vandalia's Tourist Information Center is a tribute to prairie farmers.
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
The Federal Reserve Bank Visitors Center features interactive displays that explain the Federal Reserve's functions, the U.S. economy, banking history, money and consumer interests.
Governor Duncan Home
Amidst the untamed beauty of the Illinois prairie sprang the elegance and grace of the Duncan Mansion: The home of Governor Joseph Duncan is the only existing structure that served as the Governor's Mansion outside of Springfield. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day, Wednesday & Saturday 1-4pm. Suggested donation: $3, Students 6-12 $2, children under 7 free
The Gramercy Park Foundation
Within historic Gramercy Park lies 26 ancient Hopewell Indian Mounds, an archaeological treasure. It affords a superlative view of the Mississippi.
CITY: East Dubuque
Warrenville Historical Society
DuPage County, Chicago's Western Suburbs - The Warrenville Museum is located in an 1858 Greek Revival Methodist Church that was later used as an art studio by Adam Albright and his sons, Ivan and Malvin. Exhibits include art, featuring works by the Albrights, and local history.
Stevenson Graves/Evergreen Cemetery
The graves of Adlai Stevenson I and Adlai Stevenson II are buried here, as are Letita Green Stevenson and her sister, Julia Green Scott.
Harrison/Bruce Historical Village
The Robert L. Mees Village Centre serves as the hub of the Harrison/Bruce Historical Village by providing a venue for College and community events. Historical buildings include: The Purdy School, a one-room public school in Perry County, IL from 1860-1951. The Julia Harrison Bruce House, a replica of the house the house that was built in 1868 by David Ruffin Harrison. The Harrison Storefront, this "double dog trot" style log cabin is a replica of the cabin the David Ruffin Harrison family occupied prior to the construction of the brick, "Harrison House". And The Hunter Cabin, Emmanuel Hunter built the Hunter Log Cabin in 1818; the year Illinois became a state.
Onarga Township Cemetery
The cemetery is the eternal home of Timothy Webster, a Civil War spy.
This historic home is furnished with memorabilia from the early days of Montgomery County, and is open by appointment.
Madonna of the Trail Statue
The Madonna is one of 12 statues in the U.S. that honors the pioneer women who traveled along the National Road.
Tutty Baker Monument
This monument honors William "Tutty" Baker, the founder of Freeport. Tutty came to this area, which was home to the Winnebago Indians, in 1835 and built a trading post along the banks of the Pecatonica River, offering travelers free ferry rides.
Norwegian Settlers Memorial
This memorial commemorates the 1834 settlement at Norway, the first permanent Norwegian settlement in the Midwest. The monument was dedicated as part of a 1934 centennial celebration.
Glen Carbon Heritage Museum
This museum is located in a beautiful brick building that is a renovated 1914 school located in the "Old Town" section of the Village. The museum has old dolls, weapons, pictures, and much more.
Ellwood House Museum
The story of the Ellwood House reflects the central role of Isaac Ellwood in the development of the barbed wire industry in America. The magnificent estate is also a testimony to three generations of the Ellwood family whose tastes shaped the evolution of the house and grounds. As you visit Ellwood House you will be aware of the comfort and quality of workmanship that wealth could provide. At the same time, you also sense the warmth and hospitality of a family home that was lived in for almost one hundred years. The Ellwood House provides historical tours of the grand Victorian and are approximately one hour tour times. Tours are available for teachers, students, groups, and families. Capacity: 80-100
Family oriented restaurant. Dine in or carry out. Plate lunches, dinners, and specials every night. Historical building dating back to 1927.
CITY: Johnston City
Chicago Water Works Visitor Information Center
Plan to visit this information center in the Historic Water Tower building and receive brochures featuring attractions and special events. Friendly information representatives will answer your questions and assist in planning an itinerary.
Morton Grove Historical Museum Haupt-Yehl House
Located in Harrer Park, this 1888 Victorian farmhouse features period furnishings and a museum on its lower level with rotating displays.
CITY: Morton Grove
Civil War Monument at the Veterans' Memorial
Generations of soldiers who sacrificed their lives for their country are honored.
This beautifully restored home has cobalt blue windows. Tours by appointment and open for special events.
Bethel One Room Schoolhouse
An icon of days past, this one-room schoolhouse has been restored by the Emden Historical Society.
This Queen Anne-style playhouse was built for Lucy J. Haskell, daughter of Dr. William A. & Florence H. Haskell. The playhouse was an exact replica of the family home. Lucy died at age nine of diptheria and the Haskell's gave the estate to the City of Alton for educational & recreational purposes. The playhouse is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places and can be visited in Haskell Park.
Alexis Phelps House
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this home is a great place to watch the river traffic go by. Open by appointment for breakfast, teas, luncheons, receptions and weddings.
Burial Site of "Kay" The Circus Elephant
View the farm grave and marker for Kay, the beloved Carson & Barnes Circus elephant who died on October 21, 1994. Kay is only the second elephant to be buried in Illinois.
Elgin Historic District
Explore rare architecture in this historic district, made up of 667 homes, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Don't miss the house walk in September.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this chapel was built in 1918 with a donation from former Marion mayor Leroy Goddard. It is still used for weddings and other events, this chapel is one of the beautiful historic places to see in Williamson County.
Miller Park Pavilion
This unique landmark was restored in 1977, with its Korean/Vietnam War Memorial dedicated in May of 1988.
Built in 1845, this building served as the center of county government until the county seat was moved to Eureka in 1896. It is one of the two surviving courthouses on the historic 8th Judicial Circuit traveled by Abraham Lincoln. The Metamora Courthouse State Historic Site is open Tuesday thru Saturday, 1-5pm March through October and noon to 4pm November through February. It is also open by appointment and for most events on the Metamora Square. The courthouse is available for weddings, meetings and other private events.
Garrison Hill Cemetery
The cemetery was created when graves were moved from Kaskaskia Island in the 1890s after a flood. According to one account, 3,000 boxes were moved, some containing entire families.
CITY: Ellis Grove
Home of the Chicago Tribune newspaper offices, this Gothic-Revival landmark features flying buttresses and gargoyles This is a result of New York architects John Mead Howells and Raymond M. Hood's design that was chosen as a winner out of 263 entries from twenty-three countries during an international architectural competition to immodestly "erect the most beautiful building in the world" in 1922.
Governor Shadrach Bond State Memorial
Notably, this is the burial site of the first Governor of Illinois and of U.S. Senator Elias Kent Kane, Illinois' first Secretary of State.
John C. Flanagan House Museum
The John C. Flanagan House Museum was built in 1837 on Peoria’s east bluff by John C. Flanagan and is the oldest standing house in Peoria. This American Federal style house offers a spectacular view of the Illinois River Valley.
Joseph F. Glidden Homestead
Joseph Farwell Glidden's invention of one of the most widely-used types of barbed wire in 1873 helped change the history of the American West and had far-reaching impact throughout the world. His Homestead, a Victorian Mansion, in DeKalb, IL, is being preserved and restored by a not-for-profit organization founded in 1995. Both the home and the barn are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. We welcome your visit and encourage your membership!
Village of Elsah
Travel back in time with us to the Village of Elsah. The entire village of Elsah is on the National Registry of Historic Places. This village, with a population of around one hundred people, is often referred to as the "village where time stood still." Visitors to Elsah can escape back to the Americana of the early 1800s with quiet streets and 19th century stone homes. This “picture perfect” village nestled in the valley is a perfect place for photographers – amateur and professional – anxious to capture a glimpse of the past.
Northbrook Historical Society Museum
Enjoy the main floor museum with antiques and a replica of an 1890s home. Open the first Sunday of every month, or by appointment.
Lincoln Highway Interpretive Mural -- DeKalb
The Illinois Lincoln Highway Coalition has produced many Interpretive Murals along the Illinois Lincoln Highway National Scenic Byway and its corridor in northern Illinois. The DeKalb mural depicts the history, heritage, and events of the highway and its impact on DeKalb and the other communities along the Illinois route.
Stephenson County Historical Society Museum
The museum complex consists of five buildings; The Italianate home built by Oscar and Malvina Taylor in 1857. The Taylor home was the social center of Freeport in its time and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places; The One-Room Schoolhouse from the 1920s; The Industrial Museum featuring products manufactured in Freeport by such companies Henney Motor Company, Stover, W. T. Rawleight and Burgess Battery; The Arcade Toy Museum featuring cast iron toys made in Freeport by Arcade Manufacturing, and stamped-metal toys also made in Freeport by Structo; an authentic Log Cabin which was originally an Irish immigrant homestead. The three plus acres of the museum campus also features an arboretum and butterfly garden. Open: Wednesday thru Sunday: Noon - 4 pm; or by appointment. Adults: $8.00; Children 6 and above: $4.00.