Showing 1-24 of 86 items
Super 8 - Chenoa
The Chenoa Super 8 is conveniently located just off I-55 at exit 187, Rt 24. The hotel is just 20 minutes from Bloomington-Normal. The small town hospitality and friendly service is always available to serve your needs after a busy day of travel. The Chenoa Super 8 provides a complimentary SuperStart breakfast, free local calls, free high speed internet and pets are welcome. The rooms feature 27 inch TVs with extended cable and free HBO. Micro-fridges are available in some rooms. Try one of the Jacuzzi Suites for a relaxing stay.
Matthew T. Scott Home
The traditional Victorian home belonged to Matthew T. Scott, a well-known agriculturalist, and his wife Julia Green, one of the founders of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Super 8 Motel - Dwight
2 story motel, 30 rooms, some truck parking. Pet friendly.
First National Bank of Dwight
Famed architecht Frank Lloyd Wright designed and engineered this bank in 1905, and it is the only one of his three designed banks still standing.
Prairie Creek Library
The library was originally built in 1896 as a carriage house, and later transformed into a treatment and recreation building for the Keeley Institute, a well-known alcohol rehab center in the late 1800s.
The Windmill was built in 1896 to supply water for the Oughton estate and grounds, which later became home of the Keeley Institute, an alcohol rehab center.
Historical Society Museum/Alton Railroad Depot
The restored railroad depot, designed by Henry Ives Cobb, is now the home of the Dwight Historical Society and is still an operating Amtrak train station.
The Country Mansion Restaurant
The original structure was built as a boarding house in 1891. It was purchased and moved to its present site in 1895. In 1977, the home was purchased by the Ohlendorfs, remodeled and opened as The Country Mansion. Eight or more need reservations.
6-acre park donated to the village in 1891 by David McWilliams, the first banker and business person in the community. It is named after the Prince of Wales, Baron Renfrew, who visited the area while on a hunting expedition in 1860.
This new lake is located on old Route 66 at the southeast edge of Dwight. Donated to the village in 1994 and improved with funding from local organizations, the lake offers a beautifully landscaped picnic are, fishing, and a bike trail. Open year-round.
Dwight Country Club
Welcome to Dwight Country Club. Located just 70 miles southwest of Chicago, DCC offers a quality golf and dining experience set in the quiet and calm of the cornfields of Central Illinois.
Whispering Pines of Dwight
Bed and breakfast with a beautiful, quiet country setting on a heavily wooded three acre lot. Breakfasts include international recipes. Charger ports for electric cars.
Ambler’s Texaco Station in Dwight
This circa 1940s Texaco station was once a thriving service station but now serves as a Route 66 welcome center. The station is listed on the National Register of Historice Places and has been awarded fundng through the Route 66 Corridor Preservation Program to be restored to look like it did in the 1940s.
Pioneer Gothic Church
Built in 1857, this church is a fine example of Carpenter Gothic Architecture. Pointed arched windows and doors as well as board and batten frame construction characterize this style. King Edward VII worshipped at the church in 1860, while on a hunting expedition in the area. The church was named as one of the “150 Architectural Treasures” in the State of Illinois by the Association of Illinois Architects in 2007, and is listed on the National Historic Register.
Old Route 66 Family Restaurant
Enjoy a full selection family style menu at the Old Route 66 Family Restaurant. Delicious Reuben's, Melts, Wraps, Burgers & Salads...so follow the Mother Road to great food & service...you'll be glad you did! Free Wi-Fi
Twin Groves Wind Farm
Twin Groves Wind Farm features 240 turbines across 22,000 acres of land. The wind farm generates 396 megawatts of affordable, pollution-free wind energy, which is enough to meet the annual energy needs of about 120,000 homes. Learn more about this exciting new facility with a guided tour which begins at the Twin Groves Lookout Visitor Center.
Dominy Memorial Library
A resource to encourage education and to promote research, the library acts as a cultural center, housing 18,709 books. It is also home to large print books, audio books, newspapers, magazines, music cassettes, videos, bifocal kits, and art prints. Patrons have access to a fax machine, copy machine, microfilm printer-reader, genealogy materials, and the internet through two computers. The library offers a meeting room, outreach programs, children's programs, and a children's library.
Fairbury Downtown District
Fairbury's renovated downtown area features eateries, specialty shops, and consignment and antiques stores. There is also a vintage-style gazebo in the central park.
Fairbury Echoes Museum
This local museum features a Fairbury Room and exhibits that change periodically. Open Wednesday and Fridays, or by appointment.
Unique eatery and bar filled with local sports memorabilia. Full service menu available daily.
Pizzas by Marchelloni/Bowling Alley
Restaurant offers pizza and sandwiches and has a large banquet room with separate bar. Eight-lane bowling alley features a game room.
2,400 square ft of crafts, gifts and antiques.
Travis Wood Products
Museum-quality, historic Shaker reproduction furniture and accessories handcrafted by local artist. Showroom by appointment. Listed as one of the top 200 craftspeople in the United States by Early American Magazine.