Explore the opportunities available at each of the farms on the Greater St. Charles Farm Tour below:
Corron Farm - Hop on this tour for wagon rides, tractors, and presentations by prairie restoration experts. The tour includes:
- Ride the wagon and hear the story of prairie restoration by a Prairie Expert
- Hear the tales of Corron Farm’s past (1835 to present day)
- Snap some selfies with with tractors, farm equipment, and the newly restored Horse Carriage and Pony Cart from the 1800’s.
Garfield Farm Muesum - Take a walk through history to experience life on this 1840’s farm. You will see and hear about the farmyard's historic barns and livestock including oxen, chickens, geese, turkeys, pigs, and sheep.
Norton Farm - Adults and children alike will enjoy the autumn festivities and simple farm fun! Each paid admission includes:
- Admission to Norton's Hollow, our fall season play area designed for children ages 2 - 10. In the Hollow you can navigate the straw maze, crawl through the corn bundle tunnel, climb the straw mountain, meet and feed the animals, and other activities. Pack a picnic lunch or pick one up at the Village of Campton Hills.
- A small pie pumpkin
- A gourd
Primrose Farm - Step behind the scenes of this working farm to help feed and learn about the animal residents. You’ll hear about how the specialized diets vary throughout the year for Jersey Dairy Cows, Belgian Draft Horses and Chickens!
St. Charles Farm - Experience an hour in the life of a local horse farm. Your hands-on experience will include:
- An overview of St. Charles Farm
- See and learn about the horses’ diet
- A walk through the stables to learn about proper housing for horses
- Hands-on training to groom a horse
- Learn ground safety instruction
The Royal Lusitano - Experience a demonstration of the famous Lusitano horse reknown for courage to face the bull or jump large fences as well as the athletic ability to handle the sharp turns and bursts of speed necessary to navigate the most difficult Working Equitation Courses. This breed is a favorite at classical dressage events, equestrian theater, and use in equine assisted therapies.
Register for your Tour and Hotel today as space is limited!