1850 limestone Greek Revival home restored, developed as preservation study house. June-August, Tues. 1-4pm. Other hours, groups by appointment
The Beith House was rescued from years of neglect in 1980 and carefully restored to operate as a Preservation Study House, illustrating both interior and exterior restoration techniques, as well show-casing the decorative arts of the mid-19th century. Exhibits and tours are designed for visitors of all ages; the outdoor Archeology Box, the gallery of local architecture, and many “old house mysteries” are just a few of the museum’s educational attractions.
Today the handsome limestone building serves as the headquarters for Preservation Partners, with multiple permanent and revolving exhibits available to the public on the first floor.