A blacksmith by trade, Austrian-born Yanda and his wife, Anna Zeola, raised 10 children in the cabin. Their oldest son, Frank, and his wife moved into the “home place” in 1882, where they raised a family of 11 children. After passing through several owners and being used as the interior frame for a twentieth-century house, the Yanda House was sold to the Village of Glen Carbon. The cabin was discovered within the modern walls and underwent renovations that allowed it to welcome visitors during the town’s centennial in 1992. It now serves as a satellite center for the Glen Carbon Heritage Museum. Tours made by appointment.