The present church is the original structure, built in 1860. Dedicated in 1861 as Evangelical Lutheran St. Paul's Church, it features a 50-ft.-tall steeple, pews made of native yellow poplar, and balconies that span the full length of the building on both sides of the stairway.
A beautiful example of the Classic Lutheran Churches in this region of Illinois. Built by a community of Austrian Lutherans who immigrated to the Peaceful valley they called Kornthal on July 4th 1853. Construction of the church began in 1856 and completed in 1860. The skilled wood working and craftsmanship of the builders is on display throughout the structure and most especially on and around the beautiful Altar and soaring Pulpit.
Known as the King of Rant, Lewis Black uses his trademark style of comedic yelling and animated fing...Read More
Through the '70's and '80's, LRB enjoyed huge chart success with multi-platinum albums and chart top...Read More
DUT presents The Secret Garden the MusicalRead More
Civil war era speakers, exhibits, music and history.Read More
Murder, Country Style - Murder Mystery dinner at Blue Sky Vineyard.Read More
National, regional and local performers take the stage at the Effingham Performance Center! The EPC,...Read More
This shopping event is a boutique lover's dream! With 100+ vendors from across the U.S., this market...Read More
Plank Road Tap Room will once again be a proud participant of Earth Hour 2023Read More