The building in which the Flagg Township Museum is now housed was originally built in 1884 as the City and Town Hall which also included the fire and police stations. After City and Town Hall outgrew this building, it was scheduled to be torn down and used as a parking lot. The Flagg Township Historical Society quickly expressed interest in using the building as a museum. City and Town Hall generously "sold" the building to the Society for $1.00. Some of the most notable artifacts include the Partin-Palmer automobile which is the only known one in existence, uniforms from the Civil and World Wars, prehistoric stone tools, historical medical devices, student desks from one-room schools, and 18th-20th century women's and men's clothing. Architectural aspects of the building's original function, including the jail cell and historical fire station doors, are still conserved within the Museum. Group tours available for a nominal fee. Call for hours and special events.